Ann started her legal career over a decade ago working as a paralegal before becoming a licensed attorney in 2014.
As a law student, she was actively involved in the WMU Cooley Law School Innocence Project, where she was able to assist in the exoneration of a wrongfully convicted man through the testing of DNA evidence.
After being admitted to practice in 2014, Ann served as Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable John G. McBain in Jackson County Circuit Court, where she gained valuable insight into the court system.
Ann has a diverse legal background, including insurance defense, criminal defense, family law, and estate planning.
- WMU Cooley Law School, Juris Doctor, January 2014
- Wayne State University, Mike Ilitch School of Business, Bachelor of Science, May 2008
- State Bar of Michigan
- Ingham County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
- State Bar of Michigan Criminal Jurisprudence and Practice Committee Member, August 2017 – Present
Previous Professional Experience
- WMU Cooley Law School Innocence Project Staff Attorney (January 2018 – September 2018)
- Ann Garant Law, PLLC (March 2017 – September 2018)
- Dennis Hurst & Associates (July 2015 – March 2017)
- Law Clerk; Hon. John G. McBain (July 2014 – July 2015)
- State Bar of Michigan, June 2014
(I am in the process of getting admitted to the Western District)